Colin Davy Convo 3 bias

The news story is about Hunter Biden suing the I.R.S. agency for violating his taxpayer privacy rights. The facts included in all three reports are that Hunter Biden is suing the IRS, and two whistleblowers from the IRS are coming forward with information that the Justice Department gave preferential treatment to Hunter Biden, President Joe Biden’s son.

The quote “Mr. Biden has no fewer or lesser rights than any other American citizen, and no government agency or government agent has free reign to violate his rights simply because of who he is” it says. “Yet the I.R.S. and its agents have conducted themselves under a presumption that the rights that apply to every other American citizen do not apply to Mr. Biden.” was included in two articles but left out of one.

This quote was included in the Left(liberal) and Center news articles but kept out of the right-(conservative) articles; the section paints a good view of Hunter Biden that he deserves every right like every other American, no less or few, even if he is the president’s son. The right-winged Washington examiner does not support President Joe Biden and doesn’t support his son, so including this quote would give sympathy to Hunter Biden.

The wording from the heading shows what direction the article would take; from the left (The New York Times), “Hunter Biden Sues I.R.S., Saying Disclosures by Agents Violated His Privacy” in favor of Hunter Biden article is calling out the I.R.S. and its agents for violating him. The quote, “The suit from the president’s son says investigators for the tax agency had no right to make public details of his finances. It was filed days after he was indicted on separate gun charges”, paints Hunter Biden as the victim who the government is singling out and coming after with multiple charges.

The center(The Hill) doesn’t choose a side; it states the facts of the current situation: “Hunter Biden files lawsuit against I.R.S..”.

The right(Washington Examiner) headlines, “IRS whistleblower’s team fights back against Hunter Biden lawsuit.” it is worded as if Hunter Biden attacks the IRS agents first and they are just defending themselves. Another quote from the right: “Attorneys of first son Hunter Biden are ramping up retaliatory prosecution attempts against the IRS whistleblowers,” worded in a way that he is the first son and should be untouchable; he is coming after the IRS whistleblowers.

I see a lot of in-group biases in these articles siding with the group they represent, the conservatives and liberals siding with their own.