reflection

Typically, I don’t find writing or english classes hard. Throughout my life, I’ve always been accustomed to writing in my own way because I feel that’s what really pushes someone to find themselves. When I write about things I’m unsure of, or things I generally would prefer not to, I don’t feel my brain getting any better. I don’t feel like I learned anything. I did enjoy a few assignments during this semester, specifically reading Sherman-Alexie, since it was something I felt strongly about.

The two writing pieces I’m most proud of weren’t given in this class, but I think they would make for a great addition. I wrote a play for a college class I took in 9th grade, and the teacher seemed to love it, compared to how selfish he was. I also wrote a book in 8th grade, and teachers outside of the class itself were complimenting me on it, so id say I’m most proud of those two. My writing skill doesn’t truly show all the time, but in tedious pieces it always does.

My greatest challenge was definitely time management. For the majority of the semester, I found myself finishing work all the way up to 2 in the morning, yet id still have assignments left. By the time id finish that I was falling behind in another class and had to stay up until the morning again, even after working since the previous morning. Then I’d drag myself to class and come home to relax. Yet, I knew I probably would only get an hour to myself for the day, so id keep working. Eventually, I had to put this class and a couple of others aside to get ahead in my more challenging courses, but no matter what I’d still find myself working until midnight.

I did appreciate Prof. Perry for this semester, and the class was very intriguing. I’ve read most of the stories that were presented, but the class itself as a whole was enjoyable.