In my opinion. I feel that writing is not as useful as it was before. This is only because of changes in society. Nowadays, people are more focused on the big picture. For example, covid. People aren’t worried about covid as much because they do not have as many signs in their faces telling them about the statistics. Before, the hospitalizations had everyone scared. The same goes for discrimination, and some people have the nerve to say BLM isn’t happening anymore. If you remember, there were riots over what happened to George Floyd. And they were violent, but they sent a message and got more attention because they were all over. Now, if you simply were to write about it versus making a video, it wouldn’t have as much of an Impact.

4 thoughts on “

1. Hi Marcus, I see where you’re coming from but I somewhat disagree. I do think people are more likely to watch a video than to read up on something nowadays, but many informative videos tends to have a script, which someone had to write in a way that they thought would connect with the audience. So while I agree that video content is more popular today, writing will always support it, especially if its meant to be informative.