In order to fully take advantage of this Course Site during our semester, and to make sure you are always up to date on your assignments and readings, please read through this list and complete the tasks below. You should be able to complete everything on this list in about an hour.
- 1 Task 1: Set up your BMCC OpenLab Account
- 2 Task 2: Register for class reminders through Remind.com
- 3 Task 4: Read our Course Syllabus and watch the ‘Syllabus Overview’ video.
- 4 Task 5: Review our Course Schedule and watch the ‘Course Schedule Overview’ video.
- 5 Task 6: Watch the ‘How To Navigate Our Course Site’ video and explore the site on your own.
- 6 Task 7: Set up 1:1 time (Office Hours) with Professor Buckler to introduce yourself.
Task 1: Set up your BMCC OpenLab Account
This will allow you to customize your profile, view, and comment on material and assignments, and fully access this course web page throughout the semester.
- Make sure you have access to your BMCC email account. If you don’t know your BMCC email address, click here to find out.
- You need to create your own BMCC OpenLab account. Instructions on how to do this are available here.
- Log into your newly-created OpenLab account.
- Please add a photo of yourself to your account avatar (picture). This video shows how to do it.
- Once you have created an account on the OpenLab, join our class by visiting our Course Profile and clicking Join Now beneath the picture on the course profile.
That’s it! You are now a member of the class, and can comment and view all course materials.
PS – if you encounter trouble with any of the steps, please email the OpenLab support team at: email@example.com.
Task 2: Register for class reminders through Remind.com
Remind.com is a free service for instructors and students to communicate and receive announcements to their mobile devices about course due dates and schedule changes.
You must create an account on OpenLab and join our course before you can fill out this form.
Task 4: Read our Course Syllabus and watch the ‘Syllabus Overview’ video.
Task 5: Review our Course Schedule and watch the ‘Course Schedule Overview’ video.
You can download our Course Schedule here, and comment on the page with any questions (or on the Course Schedule page).
You can view the ‘How to Navigate Our Course Site’ video below, or on our Home page.
Task 7: Set up 1:1 time (Office Hours) with Professor Buckler to introduce yourself.
Use this link to find a 10-minute time block that works for your schedule. I look forward to meeting you! Try to schedule something within the next two weeks.