Home » What is Family Engagement?
Category Archives: What is Family Engagement?
After watching the video TAPS Partnerships with Families: Part 1, answer the following questions:
- What did you learn from the video? Use key terms and vocabulary from the video.
- How do partnerships between staff and families benefit children?
- How will this video help you be a better infant/ toddler professional?
- How does this video relate to the Halgunseth (2009) reading? Make specific connections, identifying the page number.
Respond to 2 other posts!
In this module you will:
- Compare family involvement in programs versus program staff engaging with families
- Evaluate practices that support engaging with families
- Identify the benefits of staff engaging with families for infants and toddlers
After reading Halgunseth (2009) answer the following questions:
- Summarize the main idea, key details, and what you learned from this reading in 4-6 sentences in your own words. Use key terms and vocabulary from the text.
- What quote(s) was most meaningful to you? (identify the page number) Why?
- How does this reading connect to your personal experience?
- How is family engagement similar to family involvement? How is it different?
- Which recommended practice to enhance family engagement do you think is most important? Why?
- How will this reading make you a better infant/ toddler professional?
Respond to 2 other posts!Family-Engagement-Halgunseth-2009