Home » Keeping Families Informed
Category Archives: Keeping Families Informed
After watching the video TAPS Partnership with Families: Part 4, answer the following questions:
- Of the practices and ways to communicate with and include families in programs, which 3 do you think are the most important? Why?
- Do you agree a sense of belonging is important for families in infant/ toddler group care settings? Why?
- Anne, Janani and Rukmini suggest providing families with written materials (daily notes, policies, etc.).
- What if families are not native English speakers?
- What if families are not literate/ able to read very well in their native language?
- What is your reaction to how Rukmini handled the negotiation with the family? What struck you about the interaction?
- How does the video relate to the Keyser (2017) reading? Make specific connections, identifying the page number.
- As we approach the half-way point of the semester, how are the strategies you identified in week 1 for success in on-line classes working?
Respond to 2 other posts!
In this module you will:
- Identify different methods to use when communicating with families
- Evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of different forms of communicating with families
- Analyze the importance of keeping families informed
After reading Keyser (2017) answer the following questions:
- Summarize the main idea, key details, and what you learned from the reading in 4-6 sentences in your own words. Use key terms and vocabulary from the text.
- What quote(s) was most meaningful to you? (identify the page number) Why?
- How does this reading connect to your personal experience?
- Of the many methods and ways to communicate with families described, which do you think are the 3 most important to use when working with families of infants and toddlers? Why?
- What else could have been done to support Brett and help Damien transition to go home?
- How will this reading help you become a better infant-toddler professional?
Respond to 2 other posts!Keyser-2017