Course: ECE 209-Seminar

active 4 hours, 30 minutes ago
ECE 209-Seminar
This Course is OPEN.
Department
Teacher Education
Academic Program
Child Care/Early Childhood Education, A.S.
Professor(s)
Course Code
ECE 209-Seminar
Term
Spring 2020
Category
Course
Course Description

This course focuses on the theories, methods and materials of early childhood education for infants (birth to eighteen months), with an emphasis on addressing developmental needs and culturally appropriate practices in their education and care. The following topics are explored in depth: social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of infants; basic principles of infant care giving, including providing culturally sensitive and consistent care; arrangement of the environment and developmentally appropriate experiences to promote infant growth and learning; the role of parents and establishing partnerships with families.

Recent Posts

Weekly Module 9: What is Culture? Applications Post 2 (Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqZjQhkYYag After watching the video on Individualist and […] See MoreWeekly Module 9: What is Culture? Applications Post 2 (Video)

Weekly Module 9: What is Culture? Applications Post 1 (Scenarios)

Read the Cultural Differences Scenarios. Pick 3 scenarios, then answer the […] See MoreWeekly Module 9: What is Culture? Applications Post 1 (Scenarios)

Weekly Module 9: What is Culture? Readings Post

In this module you will: Identify practices that support cultural exchange & […] See MoreWeekly Module 9: What is Culture? Readings Post

Solanny, I agree. I also felt bad for the mother because she seemed really stressed with no help. See More

Hi Tiara, I agree being a single parent can be very hard and overwhelming. See More

The scenario i chose was "Sad little bird". I chose this scenario because it seemed like it was […] See More

Recent Discussions

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.

Recent Docs

No Recent Docs