Home » Partnering with Families
Category Archives: Partnering with Families
After watching the video TAPS Partnerships with Families, Part 5, post your answer to the following questions:
- How does the drop-off scene in the video demonstrate power sharing or empowering a family?
- What skills, qualities, and supports that Janani and Rukmini discuss do you feel are most important for infant/ toddler professionals to partner with families?
- Why would reflective practice, or thinking about a family and your interactions with the family, be important to partnering and empowering with families?
- What advice that Rukmini and Janani offer do your think is most important for developing partnerships with families?
- Anne mentions that when working with families of young children it is important to develop strong attachment relationships with families? Do you agree? Why?
Respond to 2 other threads!
Complete your End-of-Semester Survey on Blackboard!
In this module you will:
- Evaluate the role of social power and social influence when working with families of infants and toddlers
- Analyze situations to determine how to share power with families
- Complete the End-of-Semester survey
After reading Allard & Hancok (2015), answer the following questions:
- Summarize the main idea, key details, and what you learned from the reading in 4-6 sentences in your own words. Use key terms and vocabulary from the text.
- What quote(s) was most meaningful to you? (identify the page number) Why?
- How does this reading connect to your personal experience?
- Why is it important to be aware of social power and social influence when working with families of infants and toddlers?
- What impact could culture have on social power and social influence?
- Which vignette from the article do you think most demonstrated the staff empowering the family? Why?
- How will this reading help you be a better infant-toddler professional?
Respond to 2 other posts!
Complete your End-of-Semester Survey on Blackboard!Allred-Hancock-2015