Atlas Rodriguez Week 11(long paper outline)

For this long paper, I will be using Spiderman: Into the spider-verse

This film is about an afro-Latino boy named Mile Morales, he is bit by a glitched radioactive spider, and when trying to figure out his new abilities he is met with other versions of spiderman from different universes. He and the rest of the spider people try to stop Kingpin from causing a catastrophe, while also trying to get the rest of the spider people back to their universe. This film is very interesting to me because of the different animation styles, and techniques used throughout the movie. It shows the struggle of how great expectations could affect someone’s actions and mindset, and this really speaks to me as someone who also deals with that personally. 

During this long paper, I will focus on the types of animation techniques used, and what inspired them to create the film using those style types. How did they impact people after the film, and why was it such a success? 

I will be using the readings from the lessons to compare the film and what animation techniques could have inspired the directors to add to the film.