The “REDEEMERS” Demeanor – to parenting

DISCREETLY

This topic specifically is honestly very interesting. When I sit and think the first answer that comes to head is yes, we should keep TEASING kids because of their innocent mindset. But why an instant yes, what causes me to believe that.  Suddenly, what disrupts that mindset is the thoughts on how negative LYING, AND TEASING can be on children. To my experience from a very young age, I was super gullible. Most of the things that very told I believed without question. This has caused me to conclude that is the original design for humanity. We aren’t designed to LIE, because it destroys our ability to trust each other. If we truly treated each other as we would treat ourselves there would be no reason to LIE. The wickedness that resides within all of humanity has influenced us to but up walls and not trust the words that are spoken to us.  This begins from a very young age when we “TEASE” children more like LIE. If we can just adjust the meaning of teasing to complete truth but with a level discreteness. I have learned that just because I don’t say the whole truth it doesn’t necessarily mean I’m LYING. I’m just exposing a certain level of truth with certain boundaries. This principle, I think should be applied to children to develop healthy habits in their growth. Pushing kids to learn from a young age to be quick to hear and slow to speak.

“Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.”

JAMES 1:19 NLT