Before Class: Learn
This week we will get more into Eleventy Templates and look at how they can be chained. With layout chaining you can do things like make a separate template file for your navigation or have templates for different page layouts.
We also learn more about how you can add your own CSS and ways to include images.
On Wednesday we will go into more detail about the midterm and final project and what you will need to do for your midterm presentations.
Do this before Monday
Watch this video on Layout Chaining
- Course Video : Layout Chaining [12m 13s]
When following along, make sure that you:
- Commit any changes you have to your files. This means you must save all of your files and then commit changes though Git. Do this before you change branches.
- Change to the 02_03b branch
- git checkout 02_03b
- Create your own version (optional but recommended)
- git checkout -b 02_03test
Here are some ideas that will come up to look out for:
- Data Cascade: how the files and data are processed as eleventy builds the page
- Bootstrap: he does some layout using Bootstrap classes. For now, just follow along. We may go into further detail about how Bootstrap works in general during our classes.
Here are some related links from the videos:
Take a look at Monday again. And read these quotes:
If I had to live my life again, I’d make the same mistakes, only sooner.
– Tallulah Bankhead
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
You don’t understand anything until you learn it more than one wayMarvin Minsky
“I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.“— Michael Jordan