In this module you will:
- Identify struggles that families encounter
- Determine ways to welcome families, based on their characteristics
- Compare characteristics of families
After reading 1 article of the Who are Families? Readings (see options below), answers the following questions:
- Which article did you chose? Why?
- Summarize the main idea, key details, and what you learned from the reading in 4-6 sentences in your own words. Use key terms and vocabulary from the text.
- What quote(s) was most meaningful to you? (identify the page number) Why?
- What are the strengths of the families you read about?
- What challenges do the families you read about face?
- What are the program staff you read about doing to develop relationships with the families? What else could staff do?
- How will this reading help you become a better infant/ toddler professional?
Respond to 2 other posts!
Who are Families? Readings (pick 1):
- Fox (2012)
- Jor’dan & Lee (2014)
- Luckenbill & Zide (2017)
- Parnell et al. (2018)
- Paula & da-Silva (2014)
- Ray et al. (2009)