In this module you will:
- Identify rituals and practices to help infants and families transition into a program
- Analyze the importance of phase-in and separation for infants, toddlers, and families
- Critique principles centers use during phase-in
After reading Goldsmith & Theilhiemer (2015) AND Block (2014) or Gillispie & Peterson (2014) answer the following questions:
- What was the second reading you chose?
- Summarize the main idea, key details, and what you learned from the readings in 4-6 sentences in your own words. Use key terms and vocabulary from the text.
- What quote(s) was most meaningful to you? (identify the page number) Why?
- How do these readings connect to your personal experience?
- How do infants, families, and staff benefit from phase-in?
- Which guiding principle infant centers consider when infants enter their program do you think is most important? Why?
- How will these reading make you a better infant-toddler professional?
- How does the Goldsmith & Theilheimer (2015) article connect to the other reading you did (Block, 2014 or Gillespie & Peterson, 2012)? Identify specific connections.
Respond to 2 other posts