An Academic Success Advocate (ASA) serves as the main point of contact, communication, and information to GAINS students and will:
- Serve as a liaison and advocate in using BMCC support resources.
- The ASA will meet with individual GAINS students 3 sessions per semester.
- Session 1- Assessment – review LASSI results with student and create an individualized academic success plan. Carefully review (and potentially change) the current course load to ensure that student is set up for success.
- Session 2- Mid-Semester check-in – review where the student is in the original plan and if any additions or changes need to be made.
- Session 3– Final review of plan and discussion of next steps. Here the ASA should be aware of the potential for dismissal and prepare student for an early intervention plan.