FRANKENSTEIN 

I think that Frankenstein is more than a “ ghost story”, in the story Victor Frankenstein said “ when I look upon him, when I saw the filthy that moved and talked, my heart sickened and my feelings were altered to those of horror and hatred. I tried to stifle these sensations; I thought that as I could not Sympathize with him” ( chapter 17 ). For me Victor is the real “monster”. Why would you create a creator that is so gross or disgusting for you. For me it doesn’t make any sense. After he created the “fiend” , as he called his own creation, he just ran away without care.  

The creature said “ I’m malicious because I’m miserable. Am I not shunned and hated by all mankind?”. He knew that no one would ever accept him because of his appearance. Later he said “ I will revenge my injuries; if I cannot inspire love, I will cause fear, and chiefly towards you my arch-enemy, because my creator, do I swear inextinguishable hatred”. ( chapter 17). I think many people feel the same way as the creature. They feel alone, abandoned and disconnected from others.Those feelings could lead someone to become a serial killer. Most  of the serial killers have experienced  bullying, depression and violence in their lives. Many of them came from dysfunctional families that don’t care about them. That’s the reason I think that Frankenstein is more than a “ ghost story”  is the  reality of many people that feel that they don’t fit in this society, for many reasons apparience, personality, race, status etc.    

One thought on “FRANKENSTEIN