We will use a number of accounts for various software and web sites in this class. You will not have to pay for any of them. Some of them use your BMCC or CUNYfirst logins and others you will have to create.
- 1 BMCC Accounts
- 2 New Accounts
- 3 CUNYfirst Login Accounts
- 4 UX Design Tool
Check to make sure that you can access these with your BMCC username and password. If you need to reset your BMCC Password view these instructions.
Join Our Course on the BMCC OpenLab
FIRST: Sign Up for the OpenLab
- Go to: https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu
- Click Sign up and use your BMCC Login when asked.
- Complete the Profile form when you are taken back to the OpenLab.
- This is an important Step!
SECOND: Join our Course
- Go to Course Profile https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/groups/mmp-350-fall-21/
- Click the Join Button. You will not see this button if you are not signed in to the OpenLab.
https://bmcc-cuny.zoom.us/ Use your BMCC Login
These are accounts you may not have yet. Note, you are not required to have a Google account for this class, but you may find it easier to remember passwords if you sign in to these sites with Google when possible. Some also offer options for Facebook, Apple and others.
Google Account (optional)
- Instructions for joining in this Discussion Board
- You must first join our class before you can see this link.
- Go to Kahoot.com
- Click Sign up
- Choose a sign up option
- With your Google Account
- With your Microsoft Account
- Sign up with your email
We will use this site to learn foundational information (words, facts etc.). We will discuss this when we talk about Learning Science and use it throughout the class.
This account is very important early on and will be used to sign in to other accounts later on.
Do this after you sign up for GitHub. Then use your GitHub Account to sign in to CodePen.
This is the service (Free!) that we will use to put your projects on the web. It will require your GitHub account, and a lot more technical things. Once you get the hang of it, it’s a great way to host sites.
https://linkedin.com (you can join with Google account)
This will be needed later on when creating your LinkedIn Learning account. Also we will talk about how to promote your new skills from this class on sites like LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Create a LinkedIn account if you don’t have one.
- After you have your LinkedIn account you will get access to LinkedIn Learning through your BMCC account. Follow these instructions for accessing your LinkedIn Learning account. Note that you will need to use your BMCC email for this part even if you have another email for your LinkedIn account.
We are using this more frequently as a way to interact in class and visually present information. It helps if you create an account because you can be invited to our class and have a place to see all of the Miro boards.
CUNYfirst Login Accounts
These accounts use your CUNYfirst account to log in. If you need to reset that password view these instructions.
Grades will be posted in Blackboard.
You will be able to use Adobe. Here are instructions. Ignore the dates if they say it isn’t working now.
Microsoft Office 365
You get free access to Office both online and to download to your computer.
- Go to https://office.com
- Click the orange Sign in button
- Use your CUNYfirst login to log in
- your login is something like FirstName.Lastname12@login.cuny.edu
UX Design Tool
In order to create a plan for your site including site map, wireframes, mock-ups, you will need one of the UX design tools below:
This comes with the Adobe software you have access to through your CUNYfirst Login.
This is quickly becoming an industry standard.
Adobe XD and Figma are similar each with their own strengths. There are other tools you can use as well (Sketch, InDesign, PowerPoint…). For this class it won’t matter so much what tool you use as long as you are able to create the site maps and wireframes needed.