Raziel Paper Models

I made my Wind-Up Frog/Clockwork Frog after doodling for a good bit, I had trouble trying to figure something out but combining technology and animals seemed to be the best path forward for me.

What was the most challenging part of this section of the assignment? How did you solve it? How did you conceptualize your model? Was it difficult making the adjustment to 3D space?

The hardest part for transitioning to 3D was trying to figure out where the turnkey and handle should go for the frog. It took me about ten minutes of drawing and deleting to figure out where they properly belonged. Aside from that adjusting to the 3D space wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be.

What was the most challenging part of this section of the assignment? How did you solve it? How was this different than creating the paper model?

Trying to design a cardboard model was very intimidating and took me a bit to plan for. The good thing was that designing a cardboard model felt very similar to creating a paper model, but it has one clear advantage in that glue and tape are something you think about before you design. I could make certain parts that I know wouldn’t properly fold but I could attach. The hardest part was trying to plan around that and still make the most of my space.