Home » Posts tagged 'Supreme Court'
Tag Archives: Supreme Court
- Review the C-SPAN series about the Supreme Court.
- Watch Associate Justices of the Supreme Court discuss Supreme Court procedures and their roles and experiences as U.S. Supreme Court Justices.
- Review Supreme Court Procedures at the Federal Courts website.
- Interviewees: Associate Justices Anthony Kennedy (retired), Ruth Bader Ginsburg (active), Antonin Scalia (deceased) and Sandra Day O’Connor (retired).Interviewer: Susan Swain, CEO, C-Span This video is 2:26:48 in length.
- Review the history of the United States Supreme Court at the Supreme Court Historical Society.
- Review the website: Office of Solicitor General (U.S. Department of Justice)
- Watch Justices Stephen Breyer and Antonin Scalia debate Constitutional interpretation.
- Watch the C-SPAN Series on Landmark Cases – Marbury v. Madison
- Please watch the Kahn Academy discussion of the Landmark case of Marbury v. Madison below.
- Review the Landmark case of Marbury v. Madison as presented by the C-SPAN series on Landmark cases. Marbury v. Madison is the defining moment for the Court. In rendering the opinion of the Court, Chief Justice John Marshall established the principle of judicial review. Judicial review is the power of the judiciary to examine and invalidate actions that are undertaken by the legislative and executive branches of the federal and state governments.