Home » Posts tagged 'Cruel and Unusual Punishment'
Tag Archives: Cruel and Unusual Punishment
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
- Understand and explain the Constitutional protections against excessive punishment in Eighth Amendment.
- Read the National Constitution Center on the Eighth Amendment.
- Watch the Khan Academy video on the Eighth Amendment.
- Furman v. Georgia 408 US 238 (1972)
- Coker v. Georgia 433 US 584 (1977)
- Miller v. Alabama 567 US_2012
- Kennedy v. Louisiana 554 US 407 (2008)
- Ruffin v. Commonwealth 62 Virginia 790 (1871)