Community: Gina’s Playground

Please reply to this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Posts
    • #15486

Gina Cherry
      Moderator

not empty

• #15487

jean amaral
      Participant

<p class=”css-18vfmjb et3p2gv0″ data-node-id=”29″>I am talking about the expansive awe of Black life and Black death in this nation. And how we, particularly we Black Southerners all over this nation, absorb that Black life and death. We, who spend lives watching the watchers watch us die, know this expansive, awesome absorption. It, as much as any public policy, is why we are still here, attempting to hold on and love good from points of view drawn by us, not caricatured perspectives drawn for us by those who will eat through their own lungs just to chomp big bits of our hearts. I no longer teach about the L.A. rebellion in my classrooms the way I did as a younger teacher, because this is one way I keep hold of that which makes me whole. We actively watch too, as an “I” and a “we.” And Black deaths, like Black booms, are real.</p>
      <p class=”css-18vfmjb et3p2gv0″ data-node-id=”30″>This is my point of view.</p>

• #15488

Christopher Stein
      Participant

This is definitely not empty. I will put in a lot more text in here to see if that causes the filter to trip.

The Office of Careers & Industry Partnerships (OCIP) at the City University of New York seeks Industry and Employer Engagement Specialists to identify career opportunities and grow hiring pipelines for CUNY students and graduates.

Specialists will engage with employers in defining workforce needs, identifying hiring challenges and opportunities, specifying skills and proficiencies needed to fill available roles, and exploring partnerships to help grow New York’s emerging industries.

[Describe the industry/area of focus/department for this specific opportunity]

Build a Community:

• Secure partnerships with employers offering paid internship, clinical placement, and full-time job opportunities to students with target majors
      • Continuously cultivate and grow employer relationships
      • Share employment opportunities and, where appropriate, refer qualified students to employers for specific roles.

Establish a Peer Network:

• Coordinate with other industry specialists, campus career offices and CUNY leadership to maximize industry partnerships benefiting the campus and to learn about student and employer needs.

Create Pathways:

• Secure paid internships and full-time job offers within target majors for our newest graduates.

Communicate and Improve:

• Share knowledge with faculty, advisors, and the broader campus to encourage alignment with in-demand skills
      • #15489

jean amaral
        Participant
        • #15492

jean amaral
          Participant

I am talking about the expansive awe of Black life and Black death in this nation. And how we, particularly we Black Southerners all over this nation, absorb that Black life and death. We, who spend lives watching the watchers watch us die, know this expansive, awesome absorption. It, as much as any public policy, is why we are still here, attempting to hold on and love good from points of view drawn by us, not caricatured perspectives drawn for us by those who will eat through their own lungs just to chomp big bits of our hearts. I no longer teach about the L.A. rebellion in my classrooms the way I did as a younger teacher, because this is one way I keep hold of that which makes me whole. We actively watch too, as an “I” and a “we.” And Black deaths, like Black booms, are real.

This is my point of view.

• #15490

Thomas Harbison
      Participant

Hello

• #15493

Test Faculty
      Participant
Viewing 4 reply threads