Are going or planning on going to City Tech’s Communication Design BFA? This free workshop is an incredible opportunity to learn more about motion design while also getting a head start on the Communication Design program.
Dates: Wed July 28th – Tuesday Aug 3rd, 2021
Schedule: 5 days at 12 pm–3 pm (Wed, Thurs, Fri, Mon, Tues.) – No Weekends
Cost: Free (but you must register)
About this Bootcamp
Motion Design integrates graphic design principles with the concepts of video to create engaging and powerful experiences. It has become ubiquitous today in the things we see and places we go – from food menu screens at McDonald’s, apps on your phone, and social media content to TV commercials, films, websites, and ad campaigns.
In this bootcamp you will explore the exciting world of Motion Design! You will learn why Motion Design is one of the highest in demand disciplines in the design industry – and how to create content using industry standard techniques, principles, and software. Regardless of whether you want to be a graphic designer, art director, illustrator or work in film and video, understanding the process of motion design is invaluable. This workshop is taught by a multi-Emmy-award winning motion designer and director at one of the best and most affordable Communication & Design programs in the most competitive markets in the world: New York City.
This Bootcamp is strongly encouraged to students interested in motion design, video, advertising, and graphic design.
What you will learn
- What Motion Design is
- Why Motion Design is important regardless of your design focus
- How some of the best motion work is created
- Basic and useful techniques using Adobe After Effects
- Careers in Motion Design
- How to use Motion Design to become more marketable as a designer
- Resources to continue to learn, practice, and grow your motion skills
How you will learn
Our live online training is interactive and hands-on, just like our in-person classes.
- Online via Zoom
- Lectures, discussions, live demonstrations, critique, small group and cooperative learning-based activities, at-home projects, and actionable feedback on your work.
- Classes are taught by a live instructor.
- You can hear the instruction, ask questions, and share your screen—all in real-time.
What will you need
- Internet access
- Access to Adobe After Effects software is mandatory.
- Time to work on assignments and collaborate with other participants.