Module 3 Attachments Assignment #4: Self-Reflection (9/6-9/13)

At the end of the semester you will help to determine your grade for ECE 209 based on your Self-Assessment of what you have learned. In preparation for your Self-Assessment, answer the questions below; you will answer these questions at the end of each module so you have a record of what you have learned over the semester. You can answer the questions here on Open Lab or create a journal on Blackboard (which would be private).

• What did you learn in this week’s modules for ECE 209-Lecture and Seminar?
    • Information/ knowledge
    • Skills
    • Insights (connections you made or “ah-ha’s” you had about the material)
  • How will the material from these modules better prepare you to work with infants?

10 thoughts on “Module 3 Attachments Assignment #4: Self-Reflection (9/6-9/13)”

1. At the end of the semester you will help to determine your grade for ECE 209 based on your Self-Assessment of what you have learned. In preparation for your Self-Assessment, answer the questions below; you will answer these questions at the end of each module so you have a record of what you have learned over the semester. You can answer the questions here on Open Lab or create a journal on Blackboard (which would be private).
    * What did you learn in this week’s modules for ECE 209-Lecture and Seminar?
    * Information/ knowledge
    * Skills
    * Insights (connections you made or “ah-ha’s” you had about the material)
    * How will the material from these modules better prepare you to work with infants?

1. Answer: What I learned in this module was more about attachments in each stage for infants. After reading more about Erik Eikrson theory about the human stage development from birth to death it explains alot about why children are the way we are. The reasons the attachments grow bigger and bigger and sometimes they may become bigger with other people. The haha moment for me is when I had to read about Selena. I know a lot of mothers who do get jealous a little bit when they children become attached to other people and learning that it is okay for a child to grow attachments for others.

2. What did you learn in this week’s modules for ECE 209-Lecture and Seminar?
    Information/ knowledge
    Skills
    Insights (connections you made or “ah-ha’s” you had about the material)
    I learned how to communicate and connect with families from different backgrounds. I also learned that children can have multiple attachments.
    How will the material from these modules better prepare you to work with infants?
    The materials from these modules better prepare me to work with infants by teaching me new information about their development. It also teaches me how to deal with different types of families.

3. In this week Modules for ECE 209 seminar I learnt a little bit more about my class mate and they learn a little bit more about me. I also learn about who families are and the tough situation the go through such as homelessness, living with the stigma of HIV, and gay and lesbian families. The support and care these different programs give to them to make theme feel welcome.

In ECE 209 Lecture I learnt about the affect of attachment on infants. It creates trust and develops healthy/ social emotional development, problem solving skills, etc. I also learnt what to say when I contact my family for my case study

The connections I made is the creating negative attachments that spoke about in the video where the mother of the infant found it hard to attend to the her baby’s cries because she never had the secure attachment from young. So creating positive attachments teaches the child caring and patients
    These materials from the module will help me become a better infant teacher because it expands my mind on what I need to know to help create those secure attachments and working with all different types of families and making the feel welcome

4. 1.What did you learn in this week’s modules for ECE 209-Lecture and Seminar?
    Information/ knowledge
    Skills
    Answer: In this weeks modules i learn alot about my classmate and what are their favorite things to do etc. I also learn that there is four different types of attachments which are A social,indiscriminate, specific attachment and multiple attachments and how all babies are different from one another. also that this help infants to develop socially healthy. I also learn how to approach families about the case study and how i should speak to them in a professional manner.

2.How will the material from these modules better prepare you to work with infants?
    i hope to put what i learn this week with what i learn the last couple week and put all this information to use while working with infants and toddlers and how i can connect with the different types of families out in the world.

5. 1. What I’ve learned in this week’s modules is that it is perfectly normal for an infant to have multiple attachments. The infant is learning to create multiple bonds and relationships with people other than their parent.

2. This material will help me in preparing for when I work with infants because I will help parents who need reassuring that their infant does indeed have an attachment towards them. I will explain that its completely normal for infant to have more than one attachment to someone. This indicates that the infant is comfortable and is learning to trust others around them.

6. 1) What did you learn in this week’s modules for ECE 209-Lecture and Seminar?
    I have learned in module that attachment plays a huge part in early stage ages. It has been very beneficial going over this module and learning the technique’s of creating attachment. It’s always best to maintain a positive attitude and comfort the baby when they cry for help because this is how they build a trustful relationship between themselves and the caregiver. It was also really helpful to learn upon families and connections with kids who come from families with the same gender. Being it is a new generation and something that is normal in this time it was great to go over the insights on how to support the children who are coming to school for the first time coming from a happy home from a family of the same sex. We have teach our current kids about this community using books in that topic to make it seem that having the same sex gender parents is absolutely okay.

2) Insights (connections you made or “ah-ha’s” you had about the material) My ah-ha moment was the interview based on case study assignment for this semester. Although that is not what I uploaded i my flipgrid, I did practice the role play with my boyfriend. He is a silly person so it took me a few crack ups before we could get a good practice out of it.
    How will the material from these modules better prepare you to work with infants? This material has definitely helped me to prepare how to deal with children that come home from the same sex gender parents family. How to support and even offer resources to avoid kids from experiencing self low-esteem.

7. In this weeks modules we learned about communicating with LBGTQ families.
    We also learned different stages of attachments with infants and their families.
    We learned a little about our colleagues favorite movies and meals.
    We got to experience how to confront families about the family case study.
    We saw videos of families in difficult situations and how they are making the best of their situation with the support of their families and programs.

These modules will better prepare me for working with families because I will be able to identify with infants and learn their “cues”. I will be able to know what stage of attachment they are in with their parent and myself as an infant teacher. I will also know how to engage different families.

8. 1:What did you learn in this week’s modules for ECE 209-Lecture and Seminar?
    2Information/ knowledge
    Skills

This week in both lecture and seminar I learned that without a positive connection or relationship you cannot help infants grow and develop. In the videos I watched I learned of different types of attachment and I wished I could have done this test on myself because I was always crying.

2:How will the material from these modules better prepare you to work with infants?
    The material from these modules will better prepare me to work with children because I will know how to identify attachment patterns. I will be able to communicate with parents appropriately and I will have suggestions and ideas on how to have family engagement.

9. This week in ECE 209 lecture and Seminar, I got to educate myself more on the benefits and the effects of attachment relationships with babies. Which is super crucial for their social and emotional development. I also got to expand on the idea of what makes up a family and the importance of inclusivity. There’s a diverse range of families that are out there and they need much more recognition in not only the classroom but in communities too. Being informed of this, is of great benefit to gain perspective and understand other individuals’ circumstances and lifestyle.

10. What did you learn in this week’s modules for ECE 209-Lecture and Seminar?
    Information/ knowledge
    Skills
    -I learned that catering to an infant cries help the baby later in life because they feel loved, secured and safe.
    -my ah ha moment is when in the video of “creating attachments with your baby” they talked about how catering to your baby cries will not spoil your baby. Everyone always said if you cater to their cry they will turn bratty and spoiled which is proven wrong.
    -this material will help prepare to work with infants because I can cater to all the babies and not worry about me spoiling them.