Module 2 Relationship-Based Practices Assignment #4: Self-Reflection (8/31-9/6)

At the end of the semester you will help determine your grade for ECE 209 based on your self-assessment of what you have learned. In preparation for your self-assessment, answer the questions below; you will answer these questions at the end of each module so you have a record of what you have learned over the semester. You can answer the questions here on Open Lab or create a journal on Blackboard (which would be private).

• What did you learn in the modules for ECE 209-Lecture and ECE 209-Seminar?
    • Information/ knowledge
    • Skills
    • Insights (connections you made or “ah-ha’s” you had about the material)
  • How will the material from these module better prepare you to work with infants?

12 thoughts on “Module 2 Relationship-Based Practices Assignment #4: Self-Reflection (8/31-9/6)”

1. At the end of the semester you will help determine your grade for ECE 209 based on your self-assessment of what you have learned. In preparation for your self-assessment, answer the questions below; you will answer these questions at the end of each module so you have a record of what you have learned over the semester. You can answer the questions here on Open Lab or create a journal on Blackboard (which would be private).

What did you learn in the modules for ECE 209-Lecture and ECE 209-Seminar?
    Information/ knowledge
    Skills
    Insights (connections you made or “ah-ha’s” you had about the material)
    How will the material from these module better prepare you to work with infants?

Answer: I learned how gaining trust from a infant is very important, they need to able to trust you and have comfortably in order to grow and educate themselves for years down the line. I also learned how caregivers support their infants and how they interact on one another. The things that I did observe in this module is you must be trustworthy, understanding, super visual, and open minded, also cautious. I can use this information in the healthcare world and let my patients and their families understand that im here to only help and take care on their children as if they were my own and that they also can trust me because trust is super important

2. What I’ve learned so far from the modules is that I as a teacher have to let my children make their own decisions as I carefully observe what they are doing. It is important for them to be treated with respect and that is how they will learn how to respect and be respected. I was intrigued by the way teachers were asking the children if they were ready to change their diapers or were ready to eat instead of forcing them to. I learned you have to slower the pace down to their time. Everything that I have read so far is knowledge I can use in the future with my children. These modules will help me prepare myself with infants on teaching me how to bond with them and how to keep it strong and respectful.

3. What I learned from these modules is that peacefully observation is such an important factor in child care. Observation is a method of watching. listening, asking questions, documenting, and analyzing the words and actions of the child. Observing help recognize the strengths and weaknesses of each child. It offers teachers to know them better and get a sense of their knowledge, needs, interest, skills, and how the interact with the world around them. These modules will help me prepare myself with infants because it develops a sense of letting infants access their individuality and learn their voices, posture, gestures, and facial expressions.

4. 1:What did you learn in the modules for ECE 209-Lecture and ECE 209-Seminar?

This weeks modules have increased my knowledge in what I have known in my experience in working with children with different age groups. Since I have knowledge with older children it amazes me that infants at such a young age ( you can say ) have so much independency. I also learned or the modules reinforced the importance of making sure we are creating those bonds because without the family it will be hard to accomplish your purpose as a teacher in general but more important with infants.

2:Information/ knowledge
    Skills
    This week I was amazed in how the readings highlighted the way infants are really capable of choosing when they want a diaper change or what bib they would want to wear. If I am being honest I always found that to be silly when friends or family on social media say ” We let little Adam (9 months) pick out his outfit” for me that was just crazy because I had the mentality of ” they are just babies they do not know” and I think back to my favorite 90s tv show Rugrats. As the weeks go by I get excited to work with Infants and have that unconditional love and bond other teachers talk about .
    3:How will the material from these module better prepare you to work with infants?
    These materials this week are just making me more excited to become a teacher for infants. I know that working with them will make my life come into a full 360.

5. 1.What did you learn in the modules for ECE 209-Lecture and ECE 209-Seminar?
    Information/ knowledge
    Skills
    Ans: I learn that when working with infants its best to not intervene when they are playing with toys or discovering their environment its best to support them. I also learn that it’s best to give infants a sense of independence and to let them learn at their own pace which will stimulate growth and developmental skills.

2.How will the material from these module better prepare you to work with infants?
    Ans: These material are very informative when working with infants and i can’t wait to applying when working with infants
    Ans:

6. What did you learn in the modules for ECE 209-Lecture and ECE 209-Seminar?
    Both modules gave me insight on securing relationships with the infants and the families. It taught me how both relationships tie in as one for the development and success for the child. I learned new ways to establish a relationship with the child using the three “R’s”.
    One “ah-ah” moment I had was that I didn’t really see the point of telling a child each step while changing a diaper but then I realized it’s just courtesy to show a child respect and at the same time they are able to learn the steps of what you do, and they’ll be able to tell if something is weird or not normal to them.

The material from these modules will better prepare me to work with infants because these modules teach me different ways to communicate with a child and families. I also learned new ways to secure the relationship with the child. For example, asking the family what can I do for your child so that I am able to create a safe environment for the child.

7. What did you learn in the modules for ECE 209-Lecture and ECE 209-Seminar?
    Information/ knowledge
    Skills
    In this week modules I learned that building trust and respect from both infant and families of the infant is important. I also learned new ways to connect with a infant. I learned that infant requires a lot of attention.
    The material in this week module will help me better prepare me to work with infants by giving me enough information so I can apply these qualities working with infants and families.

8. This week in ECE 209 seminar and lecture I learned the importance of positive relationships and the benefits for families and teachers relationships. It make sure both families as well as teachers are on the same page in meeting the child needs. I also learn about the 3R’s respect, responsiveness and reciprocity these are all develop through eye contact, smiling, warm tone of voice, individualize contact etc. Learning a babies ques verbal and nonverbal is important to reciprocity
    Ah-ha’s I had about this module is informing a child of what you’re going to do before you do it shows respect to them as an individual, never taught of it like that.
    The material from this modules with help me be a better to work with infants because it gives me more insight on how to not only for relationships but respectful and healthy ones with families, teachers and infants

9. 1) What did you learn in the modules for ECE 209-Lecture and ECE 209-Seminar?
    Overlooking these modules I learned that respect goes to any human no matter the age or size of a human. It is important to treat people with respect especially babies because it impacts them so strong when it comes to developing.
    2) Insights (connections you made or “ah-ha’s” you had about the material)
    Insights I learned was that I was able to learn more ways on how to build relationships and the important facts of building relationship with babies and parents. This is how we learn from each other to help their babies become comfortable and happy which will help them succeed.
    3) How will the material from these module better prepare you to work with infants?
    These modules have helped me prepare to work with infants because I know now what is it that I need to do and follow in order to help the babies to develop in a positive way which will benefit them for their rest of their life through out their experience in school.

10. Answer) In this module I learned that building up strong relationship with a infant it’s important because you make the child feel comfortable and safe as well as building good communication with their parents. Something that’s really important is that a care giver needs to be trustworthy because parents need to trust the person who is taking care of their child everyday. what i have learned can be put in working environment becuase communication is important and communicating with a supervisor important as well to let them know about any questions or concerns i might have.

11. In this weeks module for ECE 209-Lecture and Seminar I learned the importance of relationship based practices with not only the infants but families as well. I also learned how they are so crucial in the foundation of our careers as caregiver/educator. Not to mention the 3 Rs. RESPECT, RESPONSE, AND RELATIONSHIPS.
    The material from these modules will definitely prepare me with working with infants by allowing me to create deeper and more sincere connections with the child , families, and co-workers.