Summer 2024 FAQs

What is “Satisfactory Academic Progress” and why is it important?

You must meet annual Satisfactory Academic Progress standards to maintain eligibility of federal aid every year. Academic progress will be evaluated at the end of Spring 2024. If you fail to meet these standards, you will be required to submit a Title IV Appeal. For more information:
https://www.bmcc.cuny.edu/finaid/learn/federal-work-study/federal-satisfactory-academic-progress-standard

I have registered for Summer 2024 and I have completed all financial aid requirements. How do I find out if I qualify for aid?

Your CUNYfirst Student Center provides information about your financial aid awards. After registering and completing all financial aid requirements, your eligible awards will be applied on CUNYfirst under “View Financial Aid” for 2023 or 2024.

What should I do if I want to drop or withdraw from a summer course?

• You should always consult with your ASAP Academic Advisor before you drop or withdraw from a course. Your advisor will provide guidance on how your decision can impact your degree progress and academic plan.
  • If you are no longer interested in attending summer school, refer to the: BMCC Academic Calendar and drop the course before classes begin.
  • Your decision to drop or withdraw from a course may impact your current or future eligibility of financial aid. Contact a Financial Aid Advisor for more information: Contact