Verification

What is Verification?

Each year when you apply for financial aid, you have a chance of being selected for a process called verification. This process is required by the U.S. Department of Education in an effort to ensure the accuracy of financial aid applications. Note that failure to complete this requirement will result in the loss of potential financial aid so be sure to complete the process fully!

How do I know if I have been selected for verification?

If your FAFSA has been selected, you will be notified in 3 ways: your Student Aid Report (SAR), CUNYfirst TO DO list and your BMCC Campus E-mail. Be sure to read the instructions carefully:

What steps do I take to verify my FAFSA?

Beginning with the 2022-2023 financial aid award year, all CUNY students will be able to complete the verification process through CUNY Student Forms! This means that you can submit your documents securely without having to come into the campus Financial Aid office!  You can conveniently complete your forms and upload your documents online from your phone, tablet, or computer!

For step by step instruction on how to create an account on CUNY Student Forms, watch this video or follow the instructions listed below:

Step 1: Navigate to your CUNYfirst TO DO list to select the “Verify My FAFSA” link:

Step 2: If you are a first time user, the link will prompt you to create an account. First, you will log in with your CUNYfirst username and password:

Step 3: Read and accept the privacy policy:

Step 4: Complete your 2-step security confirmation by e-mail or SMS:

Step 5: Register your account by confirming the personal identifying information from your FAFSA:

Step 6: You’re all set up! Now you can view your FAFSA tasks on CUNY Student Forms!

Additional Tutorials: