*Important – MMA100-Remote Class Continuity Plan-Forward Motion ->

Dear MMA100 Students – Please read this entire post as it holds information that will be used from here until the end of our semester.

(There is a lot to read here, so please take your time. I will be reading through it with you during our first few remote video classes together, posting it to blackboard and also sharing the link here on our class website.)

**Info on getting yourself the Adobe Software  –> GO HERE <—

First and foremost, How are you all doing? Please leave a comment below if you wish. 

From here on in, please know that I am here for you in any way that you need me. Nothing is mandatory going forward with our class. Everything is flexible and we will all need to express what we need individually to continue on. Every student will do the best that they can with the means that they have to keep up with our class, however, this is all in context to keeping themselves and their loved ones safe first and foremost. Our health comes first. Physical, mental and emotional health always comes first. I am 100% available to help from e-mail, text and video chat meetings should you need extra help with anything. We will get through this time together.

*Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me – rseslow@bmcc.cuny.edu – I am here to help you get what you need to complete our course to the best of your abilities.

Moving forward, the transition to online teaching will not be too difficult for our course. I will make video tutorials, and help you get access to adobe software and even wifi – we are already well versed in the function of the course format and the class website that we use. Our class website is our main hub! We have completed a series of site-on -scene photoshop software demonstrations – (and will proceed with adobe illustrator) so the second half of our class is focused on us practicing those skills, design techniques and processes with the creative tools (this might mean some alternative tools for us, I will be posting the info soon) I will be performing and recording the new class demonstrations so that we can all follow along with and revisit the videos as many times as we need to. We have the rest of the semester to work on this at our own pace.
Delivery Methods of the Class Instruction:
REMOTE / ONLINE
My plan is to replace the usual site-on-scene campus lab sessions that met once per week with Zoom video chat sessions during the same normal class times of 5:30pm -9pm on Wednesdays. This gives students the ability to attend the video class sessions at the same normal class time – if you can. (No one is loosing points if they can not make it, or if they do not have the technology to do this – we will find alternative methods for those who need them) – If you can not attend the video sessions at all, I will post them to our class website – https://openlab.bmcc.cuny.edu/mma100-spring2020-seslow/ – so that you can review them when and how you can. This will help cover the new demonstrations for assignments, troubleshooting and critiques of our work.

I will conduct our class online during our normal class-time remotely via the video chat application ZOOM  (zoom is FREE) – I will sync this with our class website. This will be the main place / space for all course content, assignments, student work, course information, lessons, videos, and resources. I will also cross post the information to blackboard as a back-up.

**Please download the Zoom App for your phone and or your laptop / desktop computers – You can join in from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device: (having a good wifi connection is advisable if possible but it also works over cellular data)

U.S Providers Offering FREE Wi-Fi or Special Accommodations for 60 Days :

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kjVFeWefjnEfUrCR2yXxOvsp6_rDOfaMivUEiaBreiA

Here are the scheduled up and coming Zoom meetings:

Prof. Ryan Seslow’s MMA100 Graphic Design Classes
Starting March 25th, 2020 @5:30 PM

Join the Zoom Meeting via URL here:
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/321612199

Join the Zoom Meeting via Meeting ID: 321 612 199

March 25th, 2020 @5:30 PM

*April 7, 2020 @5:30 PM (this is a Tuesday that follows a Wednesday class schedule – so we will meet in zoom)

(cuny spring break is now 4/8 – 4/10)

April 15th, 2020 @5:30 PM

April 22nd, 2020 @5:30 PM

April 29th, 2020 @5:30 PM
May 6th, 2020 @5:30 PM
May 13th, 2020 @5:30 PM – last Zoom class

All student work is due no later than Wednesday May 20th, 2020 @9:30 PM

Join the Zoom Meeting via URL here:
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/321612199

Class Schedule:

Wednesdays -5:30 – pm – 9:10pm – remote video classes via zoom – this will cover demonstrations of software, and also present relevant content for the projects we are working on. You can also share your screen and ask questions.

How will students submit their work: (past and present)

Students will submit work to me via e-mail, google drive, dropbox or wetransfer.com or any other method that makes it easy for them to submit the work. If you have completed projects #1 & 2 – feel free to send them to me when you can. ( Keep in mind, some files are large, if the files exceed 20 megabytes they will not reach me on the bmcc server – in that case use free sources like google drive, dropbox or wetransfer.com.)

Projects / Assignments:

We will focus on another 2-3 projects, which includes a final project that will display a sum total of the skill sets that we have and will continue to cover. I will place an emphasis on a class collaboration with adobe photoshop and illustrator skills along with how to make a pdf. portfolio of the semesters completed work. Projects can always be found on the assignments page

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions that you have. Im here to help – rseslow@bmcc.cuny.edu

Be well and please stay safe.

Ryan

One thought on “*Important – MMA100-Remote Class Continuity Plan-Forward Motion ->”