Course: GWS 100-1300 Introduction to Gender and Women’s Studies, Prof. Hollis Glaser Fall 2023

active 6 months, 4 weeks ago
GWS 100-1300 Introduction to Gender and Women's Studies, Prof. Hollis Glaser Fall 2023
This Course is OPEN, but the corresponding Site is PRIVATE.
Department
Interdisciplinary
Academic Programs
Gender and Women’s Studies, A.A., Liberal Arts, A.A.
Course Contact
Course Code
GWS 100
Section Code
1300
Term
Fall 2023
Course Description

This Introduction to Gender and Women’s Studies course is a fully online course taught during the Spring 2023 semester by Dr. Hollis Glaser. Dr. Brianne Waychoff created this course and I am teaching it in her honor and memory.

May be cloned by logged-in community members.

Acknowledgements: Based on the following:

Recent Discussions

neglectful doctors during childbirth

Prejudice in the Labor Room   After reading this article about the different experiences that this woman faced because of just wanting to give birth to her child is the very reason this is not a common thing in the African-American community. I See Moreneglectful doctors during childbirth

activism

There are so many aspects of activism in the form of art when I used to visit museums in the past I saw an environmental activist displaying plastic bags in a way that was quite artsy, however, the message was clear that as beautiful as the See Moreactivism

discussion 11

after reading the articles on identity politics and the other article about racism I can identify with both particularly the last one. I understood how she felt when she mentioned she was too black to be Spanish and too Spanish to be black. it's See Morediscussion 11

Recent Docs

No Recent Docs