Course: Gender & Communication COM265 | Brianne Waychoff Summer ’20

active 1 year, 4 months ago
Gender & Communication COM265 | Brianne Waychoff Summer ’20
This Course is PRIVATE, but the corresponding Site is OPEN to all visitors.
Departments
Interdisciplinary, Speech, Communications, and Theatre Arts
Academic Programs
Communication Studies, A.A., Gender and Women’s Studies, A.A.
Course Contact
Course Code
COM 265
Section Code
050W
Term
Summer 6W1 2020
Category
Course
Course Description

Course Goals: Raise awareness regarding how gender is created, maintained, and/or changed through cultural expectations and interaction; Gain theoretical insights and develop analytical skills to identify gendered expectations and how such expectations limit behavior for people of all genders; Enhance understanding of how predominant social assumptions and communication norms can devalue and silence women and other non-dominant groups, and how students can become change agents to enhance our collective lives.

Recent Posts

Journal 5

Kulah Love Massaquoi In my first column, I will like to discuss three important things […] See MoreJournal 5

Journal 1

Kulah Love Massaquoi Journal 1 In the text, the writers tell us about the importance of […] See MoreJournal 1

Final Portfolio

Hello everyone, My name is Kulah Love Massaquoi, I am currently attending the Borough of Manhattan […] See MoreFinal Portfolio

Comment on: Stephany Pineda Cardoso Discussion 8

Thank you for sharing and it is amazing that you are doing teaching online classes! Because of the […] See MoreComment on: Stephany Pineda Cardoso Discussion 8

Comment on: Class Wrap-Up Reminders

Thanks so much, Fifi. I'm so glad. It is one of my favorites to teach and I change it a little bit every time. See MoreComment on: Class Wrap-Up Reminders