Course: CRJ 102 – 0505 | Criminology | Professor Satenik Margaryan| Fall 2021

active 8 hours, 1 minute ago
CRJ  102 – 0505 | Criminology | Professor Satenik Margaryan| Fall 2021
This Course is OPEN.
Department
Social Sciences, Human Services and Criminal Justice
Academic Program
Criminal Justice, A.A.
Course Contact
Course Code
CRJ 102
Section Code
0505
Term
Fall 2021
Category
Course
Course Description

This is an introductory and foundational course in the study of crime and justice. It is designed to introduce students to the various historical and contemporary theories and empirical research used to understand deviant and criminal behavior. This course takes a critical approach to the study of the definition and measurement of crime, as well as applications of these theories to practice and in policy. Offending and victimization, as these relate to specific
crime types (i.e., white collar crime, violent crime, sex crime, drug related crimes, etc.) will be explored.

Recent Posts

Welcome to Week 13!

This is also the week of the Thanksgiving holiday. While the exam will be posted on Wednesday, […] See MoreWelcome to Week 13!

Discussion Forum 13th: School to Prison Pipeline

Research indicates that when a juvenile becomes involved in the juvenile justice system, he or […] See MoreDiscussion Forum 13th: School to Prison Pipeline

WEEK 13th (11/22 to 11/29): The Labeling Theory

Welcome to Week 13! Overview This week we will learn about the labeling theory. Originating […] See MoreWEEK 13th (11/22 to 11/29): The Labeling Theory

Hi Amy, I agree with you that if they are involved in the juvenile system at a young age they are […] See More

Hi Francisco, I agree with you that's why I think these juvenile shouldn't get harsh punishments […] See More

Yes, I believe if a juvenile becomes involved in the juvenile justice system he/she will most […] See More

Recent Discussions

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.

Recent Docs

No Recent Docs