Welcome to the Black Studies Across the Americas project!
In the Black Studies Across the Americas (BSAA) program faculty and students work collaboratively with Afro-descendant activists from across the Americas to create educational materials that insert Black Studies into disciplines where it is not traditionally the focus. Countries and/or communities that have been part of the program include Argentina, Brazil, the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, the Garifuna of Central America, Haiti, Peru, and Puerto Rico. These free educational products are shared on this site.
This project is supported by:
- President’s Fund for Innovation and Excellence, funded by McKenzie Scott
- CUNY Blackness Race and Ethnic Studies Initiative, BRESI
- BMCC Dept. of Ethnic and Race Studies
- BMCC Office of Internships and Experiential Learning
- U.S. Department of Education Title VI National Resource Center funding from the Center for Latin American Studies at The Ohio State University
- NYU Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, CLACS
- NYU Center for the Study of Africa and the African Diaspora, CSAAD
- Casa de las Americas, LaGuardia Community College
- The UJIMA Collective
- ECHO Project, Mellon Foundation, Center for the Humanities