Final Project – Desk Monitor Stand

Using TinkerCad 3D Modeling, I wanted to create something that was easy to put together, but also super functional. With the monitor stand you’ll be able to look at your computer monitor or your laptop monitor at eye level. This eases the strain that you would put on your eyes, neck, and back. Given that so many are working from home, I thought this would make a great addition to my home office set up.

Using the shelf is great, because you can place your laptop on the desk itself with the shelf over, or you can place it on the shelf leaving the ground space empty for mouse and external keyboard storage. With a large opening at the back, you’ll be able to hide cables that would otherwise make your setup look cluttered. The material would be wood or corkboard, each piece would either a circular cut out or a circular stick sticking out. This is used to ensure the piece will hold the pieces together. You can also use a wood glue to keep it stable for many years to come allowing for continued use.