Flipbook Animation No. 2

THE INSPIRATION
When I got to work on my flipbook, I struggled to find inspiration that wasn’t just the same spider I did the first time I did it. I ended up doing something spiderlike.

A few nights before I sat down to work, I ran a tabletop game with my friends. The game took place in the fictional town of Grimmstone, Illinois. Essentially, the party was playing as a version of Red Riding Hood characters, while the rest of the small hick town was filled with fairy tale creatures and characters. It sounds a lot like NBC’s Once Upon a Time.

One of my favorite characters that stuck when I was playing was my version of Rumpelstiltskin. Everyone loved him; he was a goofy wannabe villain with incredible powers.

THE DESIGN
Just my few design ideas for the Rumpelstiltskin design.

THE WIP
I got to work planning the frame by frames from Rumple’s design. However, I miscounted the pages I was given for the flipbook and used fewer boxes than I intended.

THE FINAL PRODUCT
The final product was a bit of a nightmare, it would’ve been easier if I did it digitally and had Onion Skins. Though, all things considered, I think I did pretty well.