Anthony Naaeke

Anthony Naaeke

Hi Everyone! I am an associate professor of communication. I regularly teach public speaking and intercultural communication. My interest in open pedagogy peaked after I participated in workshops with Jean and others on course redesign and OER texts. After spearheading the publication of OER text in public speaking in my department I want to go the go the next step of guiding my students to be co-creators of course content. Many of my students in intercultural communication spend a lot of time reading, analyzing and writing term papers that could be useful for future students. So, I hope this workshop helps me to accomplish that. This summer I will read a memoir by one of my department colleagues, Alvin Eng.

One comment

1. I have Alvin’s memoir in my to read pile, too! Really looking forward to it. For anyone else who’s interested, the memoir is Our Laundry, Our Town: My Chinese American Life from Flushing to the Downtown Stage and Beyond. We’ve ordered it for the library but it’s not in yet. Also available in bookstores: https://bookshop.org/books/our-laundry-our-town-my-chinese-american-life-from-flushing-to-the-downtown-stage-and-beyond/9781531500368