Categories
Assignments Blog Assignment Production Assignment

“Ocular” User Testing

Most people found that my game wasn’t too hard to complete. Since I know I had some non-gamers play and respond to the form, I’m glad to know that my design wasn’t too difficult for them.

I feared that some of my audio clips wouldn’t be loud enough and when asked in my form the results showed that there weren’t really any issues with them. In the end I found my audio clips were fine the way they were.

Overall I found that the main thing I wanted to fix was to add a checkpoint feature to the game. Most of the feedback I received was positive but the players were also very upset every time they had to restart level one. I found this feature also came in handy with level two, since if the player died in level two they would reset back to one.

I also had some gems that were unobtainable, these have been removed.

I found some areas where the player would bump their heads when jumping, these have all been fixed.

For the future I’d like to work on fixing the player’s animation (walk and idle) and I would also like to work on my menu buttons and giving the player more options.