Categories
Assignments

Goals, Obstacles, Rewards in Genshin Impact

A game that I’ve been playing recently is Genshin Impact, released in 2020 for mobile and PS4.

The main goal of Genshin Impact isn’t entirely defined as the game is ongoing , with multiple events and story quests being released alongside updates. As a result of this, while playing a person will find themselves creating lot of their own personal goals they want to achieve. For example, my personal goal in the game is to level up my favorite characters to their max potential which requires a lot of in game grinding to get the materials needed in order to upgrade said characters.

There exists a system present in the game called “resin,” which is consumed whenever a player claims rewards from weekly bosses and dungeons. Without resin you can’t claim the needed materials to upgrade your equipment and characters. Resin exists as an obstacle and is regained by waiting real life minutes for resin to be regenerated. The resin system is loathed by many players because when you run out of resin you are essentially locked out of claiming rewards and you lose incentive to keep playing the game until your resin is regenerated again.

The reward in the game may depend on each player, but for me it’s seeing my characters get stronger as a result of my grinding for materials , and being able to clear hard content because of how strong they became.