What a Graphic Designer Does

In my personal experience, I find the typography part of the designing pretty difficult. The color, the size and the type of font being used can easily change the entire aesthetic of the over all projects. Even on things simple like a PowerPoint, you can’t slap on a random font and expect it to look aesthetically pleasing. The design of the font has to match the aesthetic of the theme. An example could be: you’re making a minimalistic design, if you suddenly use a bright color, big, funky text, it’ll defeat the purpose of the project being a minimalistic design. 

I agree with what was said on 2:15, you have to think about all the possibilities when it comes to typography. From color, size, style, to how it would blend with certain things. This is why it makes typography tedious in a way, it’s a part of the process where you might find yourself thinking for much longer than you thought you would. Interesting but tedious. 

The question I have after watching the video is how do graphic designers avoid getting stuck into the endless possibility of ideas for a design?