Course: CRJ 102 – 0502 | Criminology | Professor Satenik Margaryan| Fall 2022

active 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
CRJ  102 – 0502 | Criminology | Professor Satenik Margaryan| Fall 2022
This Course is OPEN.
Department
Social Sciences, Human Services and Criminal Justice
Academic Program
Criminal Justice, A.A.
Course Contact
Course Code
CRJ 102
Section Code
0502
Term
Fall 2022
Course Description

This is an introductory and foundational course in the study of crime and justice. It is designed to introduce students to the various historical and contemporary theories and empirical research used to understand deviant and criminal behavior. This course takes a critical approach to the study of the definition and measurement of crime, as well as applications of these theories to practice and in policy. Offending and victimization, as these relate to specific crime types (i.e., white collar crime, violent crime, sex crime, drug related crimes, etc.) will be explored.

Recent Posts

Midweek Update

Dear students, I have just finished looking at your hard work in this class. I have graded all […] See MoreMidweek Update

Tommy Enlighten

The social disorganization theory is the theory I choose for Tommy Shakur Ross because he sounds […] See MoreTommy Enlighten

Short Assignment # 3 Ear hustle.

I believe the theory that best fits Tommy Shakur's choice to join a gang is Agnew's General […] See MoreShort Assignment # 3 Ear hustle.

Hello Kalia, I agree that the minor distribution for existing black/brown skinned students makes […] See More

Hello Lesly, I agree that students should consider counselling sessions to at least uncover what […] See More

I think this is the case because they want students to prepare for the real world outside of […] See More

Recent Discussions

Sorry, there were no discussion topics found.

Recent Docs

No Recent Docs