Letter of Advice for Income Freshmen- Jasmin Abarca

Dear Income Freshmen,

My name is Jasmin Abarca and I am new at BMCC, it is my first year and second semester at BMCC. I know you about or recently graduated from your high school or took some time to wait for the right time to attend this college. This is a huge deal to attend at BMCC because it is really hard to find your journey with college, it’s not easy and it can be hard at times to try to wake up, eating breakfast, lunch, or/and dinner, and going to your classes, especially, with work and other personal things to manage. I was there because I didn’t know how to manage them and it still happens in times but I get the need for help. You can believe yourself of how hard you really want for mostly for yourself and even the ones you love. For me personally, I have a brother who is going to apply to college and there times we ask each other for help and getting advice motivates us as a family for believe what we want for our future and what we want to discover. We all have extra responsiblites to handle everyday as a freedom to be able to really commit for the best. Mental health and disabilities are the main important things to also handle, there is a counseling center in the main campus to provided to meet up with a therapist or a counselor provided and have events around in different buildings. If you also need help with your grades and assignments, you can talk with your professors, ask your classmates, or go for a tutor to meet up in person or online. The writing center is a place which provides students who needs help with improving based on their writing skills. There’s a lot of resources around the campus and don’t be afraid to search for like me for example. Socializing is a huge thing especially with social anxiety and trust. Keep working the best in need and lead forward for your own future. Don’t let it stop and shine when the time comes, Thank you.