Module 12 Activity #2: Self Reflection

At the end of the semester you will determine your grade for ECE 209 based on your self-assessment of what you have learned. In preparation for your self-assessment, answer the questions below; you will answer these questions at the end of each module so you have a record of what you have learned over the semester. You can answer the questions here on Open Lab or create a journal on Blackboard (which would be private).

• What did you learn in this module?
    • Information/ knowledge
    • Skills
    • Insights (connections you made or “ah-ha’s” you had about the material)
  • How will the material from this module better prepare you to work with infants?

8 thoughts on “Module 12 Activity #2: Self Reflection”

1. This Module #12, I learned about Infant Curriculum, which should be based on the 4 elements: Relationship-Based Practices, Individualized Routines, Following the Child’s lead, and a Family-like environment. In addition, I got to know in-depth about the benefits of Multiage classrooms, and Continuity of Care. Finally, relationships are crucial when supporting infant learning and development because if we create bonds of trust with the children and their families, respect their cultures, and value their work as parents, we can show families that we care about their inputs, for they will share with us important information about their children, we can exchange information and work as a team coming up with the best approach.

2. In this module, I got to learn about the Infant classroom curriculum. I got to imagine how a classroom would fit the curriculum. I learned about how babies can benefit from continuity of care. I learned how relationships can help with supporting infants in learning. The materials from this module will help me prepare to work with young children because it will help me plan out my classroom and I want my classroom to benefit the children that I will teach.

3. In this module i learned about Infant Curriculum. What stood out the most to me is individualized routines. I think its very important to learn each child and treat them as an individual. All children are not the same and should be treated as an there own person.

4. In module #12 I learn about “Infant Curriculum” and how important it is to have one, and how individualized routines are a thing as well as Continuity of care/Multiage classrooms have benefits.

5. In Module#12, I learned the importance of “Serve and Return”, how infant’s brains learn through the repeated interaction. I also learned about Continuity of care, and its importance when fostering attachments between infant caregivers and other students.

My “A-ha” moment was when I found out that Multi age classrooms can be beneficial as well to toddlers as infant.