Module 13 Partnering with Families Activity #1: Reflecting on Partnerships

Reflect upon and answer the following questions:

1. What is a partnership?
  2. What does it mean to work in partnership with another person(s)?
  3. As an infant teacher, do you want to partner with the families of the babies you work with — even though  it will take more work? Why?
  4. As the parent of a baby, do you want your child’s infant teacher to partner with you? Why?

7 thoughts on “Module 13 Partnering with Families Activity #1: Reflecting on Partnerships”

1. 1. What is a partnership?
    -Work together as a team for the same purpose.
    -It means reaching the same goal or purpose together.
    3. As an infant teacher, do you want to partner with the families of the babies you work with — even though it will take more work? why?
    -Yes, I would love to partner with the families of the babies I work with because we can help the baby reach his/her objective and have a healthy development. In addition, it will strengthen the relationship between the parents and me.
    4. As the parent of a baby, do you want your child’s infant teacher to partner with you? why?
    -Yes, I would love to partner with my child’s infant teacher because we can work together as a team for the purpose of healthy development and wellbeing for my baby.

1. Daniela — Thanks for your comment in this activity. In addition to helping a baby reach their maximum potential, when infant teacher partner with families it helps the family to achieve their goals. When families are less stressed, feel more competent, they are able to be more attentive to the baby.

2. 1.-Partnership is the professional relationship between educators and families. Is about trusting and respecting each other, have open and honest conversation and solve problems through shared decision making with the families.

2.- Work in partnership with another person is to show empathy, have open and honest communication with the other person, be flexible, and manage my feelings, in order to hear what the other person is trying to say and make sure to stay connected with this person in many ways.

3.- As an infant teacher, I want to partner with the families of the babies I work with even though it will take more work because I want to create a good atmosphere, so families feel welcome into the classroom. In addition, partnerships with families are crucial to work effectively to support the children’s learning. I know It is going to be hard it is my responsibility. However, I can do it by embracing new challenges and working hard.

4.- As the parent of a baby, I would love to partner with my child’s infant teacher, because she will be open to hear my inputs. Also, we can work together as a team, creating a good atmosphere as well as maintaining good communications that can help us to come up with the best approach to support my baby’s development.

1. Marcela — Thanks for your comment in this activity. Empathy, reciprocity, trust, respect, shared decision making, open honest communication, flexibility activie listening, and being objective are key elements to forming partnerships.

3. 1) A partnership is when you work as together as a group/team for the same reason. Every member plays an equal role in the partnership.
    2) Working in a partnership with another person means having a conversation with that other person. You both get to hear the other person’s opinions, thoughts, feelings, and ideas.
    3) I would love to partner with the families because I can work on how I can better provide for their children. Also, partnering with families can make them become more involved in their children’s school activities.
    4) As a parent, I would want to partner with my baby’s teacher because it can help us develop a positive relationship with each other. Also, it can help me be more involved in my child’s school life

1. Diamunique — Thanks for your comment in this activity. Conversations, equality, and listening are important aspects of partnerships. I appreciate your eagerness to engage in partnerships with families!

4. 1)What is a partnership?

Partnership is woking together, everyone has to contribute equality.

2)What does it mean to work in partnership with another person(s)?

working in partnership with another persons making connection with each other. Both express each other feelings, opinions, ideas and respect it.

3)As an infant teacher, do you want to partner with the families of the babies you work with — even though it will take more work? Why?

I would want to partner with the families of babies even if it will take more time because It’s beneficial for me to learn more about them and be able to provide more for them and will make then parents more comfortable and feel less shy to join school nights and etc.

4)As the parent of a baby, do you want your child’s infant teacher to partner with you? Why?

Yes, I would want the infant teacher to partner with me because I want to have a close relationship and know about the child and their improvements and see where I can help my child.