For each expectation, explain which do you believe is normal (A or B). Why?
- Babies can learn to sleep alone through the night; when depends on the baby & how the family handles the baby waking at night.
- Babies can’t be expected to sleep alone or sleep through the night. Putting a baby in a crib in another room is cruel. l.
- Toilet training occurs during the 3rd year of life, when signs of readiness appear
- Infants can be toilet trained & out of diapers by their 1st birthday
- Babies can be expected to make eye contact, which is a way of establishing intimacy & is part of attachment.
- Babies can be expected to make eye contact, but they must learn not to make eye contact with elders.
- Toddlers have to come to see themselves as individuals who can possess objects before they can learn to share. They have to understand ownership.
- Toddlers have to understand that they are not individuals & that all possessions are shared. They can be expected to share from birth.