Cyn Diaz's Portfolio

Work Experience

Mount Sanai Hospital

Respiratory Therapy Intern

2022-2023

At Mount Sanai Hospital , my responsibilities include patient care in tracheal / endotracheal hygiene , setting up/ breaking down , cleaning and monitoring ventilators for patients in need of short or long term ventilation or oxygenation . I work with various types of ventilators and devices based on the patient’s need . Most of my patients have some type of respiratory or pulmonary issue whether acute or chronic . Some of these patients that are intubated require secretions to be suctioned out of the lungs via a suction catheter. Appropriate medications given and / or recommended to patients diagnosed with the need . The biggest challenge in helping and caring for these patients is trying your best to not hurt them. These patients are very delicate and you want them to feel the best they can during their hospital stay or at home if they are under home care . It is a great pleasure for me to be able to practice my translating skills for those patients or staff that require it . Patients and staff that do not speak English / Spanish should be able to communicate with each other for patients to be able to receive the best care possible .

Mount Sinai Health System Launches Telehealth Initiatives_Mount Sinai Launches EHR-Integrated Imaging Research Warehouse