Adidas

Most of the time to pick my clothing, I usually go for sportswear. I mainly like Adidas because I’m a soccer fan, and most of the teams I want a partner with Adidas. The other reason I choose Adidas is the price since out of the other brand. I found Adidas more affordable.

Adidas has been around for about 70 years, but in the last 20 years, Adidas has been a change leader in sustainability. They were the first to bring eco-innovations to the mass market, leading the industry with the first sustainability report. Adidas has one expression when it comes to sustainability “Through sport, we have the power to change lives.” since if we don’t take care of the ground we’re on, we won’t have space to play sport. Adidas has raised the bar on environmental standards at its sites, supply chains, and products.

One of Adidas’ goals, as I said before, is to protect or take care of the ground we’re on to have space to play sport. For Adidas, sustainability is a uniquely holistic initiative, from their entire supply chain network to their offices and stores to the innovative products we create for our customers. Still, there are several more ways to make an ethical, socially responsible, and sustainable business, such as organizing an in-house social responsibility team, Directing contributions, Encouraging volunteering, and collaborating with compatible organizations.

Following some examples like encouraging volunteering makes a world of difference, so reward your employees who decide to enroll and volunteer in social programs. When it comes to direct contributions, you can show social responsibility through philanthropy. Donating money or resources to local charities can make a massive difference to their daily operations, directly impacting the community in which your business is a part. Finally, Organize an in-house social responsibility team. Once you have educated your employees, you can set up an in-house social responsibility team. These employees can dedicate some of their time to crowdsourcing ideas to figure out the best way to positively impact the community.  

https://www.gameplan-a.com/2020/06/the-adidas-sustainability-story-leading-the-change/

3 thoughts on “Adidas

1. Olive Rodriguez

Although Adidas has had its fair share of scandals in or around the year 2000, involving child labor and low wages for their factory workers compared to excessive wages for their executives, I think they have done a lot to move pass these issues.
    They have made efforts to establish protection against child labor, abuse of migrant workers in their supply chain and women rights.
    As Tomas mentioned they are a very environmentally friendly organization and I think with their established protections on the human aspect of their organization they will continue being around for a very lonf time

2. Olive Rodriguez

As Tomas mentioned they are a very environmentally friendly organization and I think with their established protections on the human aspect of their organization they will continue being around for a very long time

3. Maria Soriano

It’s cool that they became eco friendly company which will definitely benefit them in the long run. I did like your recommendations like they donating money or resources to a charity.