Essays, Presentations, Reflections, Zoom social May 19th

Hi Everyone,

I hope that you are finding creative ways to survive and shine in this busy and challenging time of the year.

I have read all your essays. Thank you for all your hard work, and please see my comments next to your grade on Blackboard.

BUT: I was terrified when I checked Flipgrid this morning–there are no presentations there yet, and tonight is the deadline! I am happy to extend this deadline to Sunday night, May 15th, if that helps. The recording should take no more than 5 minutes, and that’s if you are not happy with the first one and want to retake your video. Replying to others, once more presentations are up there, won’t take more than 20 minutes total, and that’s you watching your classmates’ videos and commenting on them by typing in your feedback. So, 8% of your final grade accomplished in less than 25 minutes! Plus, you get to see your classmates, so this is an added bonus. And I will reply to each and every one of you on Flipgrid via video next week.

AND: I cannot believe this: welcome to the final week of our class! This is the final reflection time. Please complete all the unit’s activities, including the course evaluation, as well as small reflection-related assignments, before drafting your final reflection.

If you can, attend our final class get together on Thursday, May 19th, at 11am. Use the same link as my office hours. I also understand if this is in the middle of your work/ busy day, but hope to see at least some of you then.

Best wishes,

Prof. Barnes