Conversation 4: Letter to Adichie

Dear Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie,

I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude for your powerful TED Talk, “We Should All Be Feminists.”  As a first generation female college student, your words have had a significant impact on me. You have perfectly captured the essence of what feminism truly means and why it is so important in today’s world. Your talk was powerful and thought-provoking, and it reminded me of the importance of recognizing and addressing the systemic inequality that exists between genders. Your talk reminded me that we all have a role to play in creating a more just and equitable world for everyone. Your other TED TALK, ” The Dangers of a Single Story” also had a significant impact on me. I, too, was one of those who was blinded by the words of others, and I didn’t see through them. I really got to open my eyes and mind to the world, all because of you. Your call to action to seek out and share multiple stories and perspectives is so important, not just in the fight for gender equality, but for all forms of social justice. I wholeheartedly believe that your TED Talk has inspired many to actively work towards creating a more inclusive and just society. I appreciate your honesty and vulnerability in sharing your personal stories and experiences to the world. Thank you for your courage, and your unwavering commitment to the cause of feminism. Your words have truly made a difference, and I am grateful for the impact you have had on society and the world.

Sincerely,

Ajla Cirkovic