Conversation 5

Poet Ali’s statement that the language of being the minority…one of the most important languages you can ever speak in your life” (4) is so important due to the fact that minorities tend to be the least heard of all. It is a language I speak in many tones and accents. My background and minorities stand in more ways than just the color of my skin and where I’m from. Theres the minority of being lower income and within my sexuality. I also find Poet Ali’s refrence to it being important is also being somone who hears them, even if you do not fit into the box of whatever minority it may be. That to stand with someone and hear them and not necessarily relate entirely is so extremely important. 

Poet Ali aks Why is it that the most spoken-about language in the world is the one we have the toughest time speaking or expressing?” (5) refrencing the topic of of love. That love as a concept is hard to express yet a feeling every single person on earth yearns for, even if its not romantic. To want to be loved by somone and to love is (in my opinion) the most human experience and the only reason the human race has made it this far, that without love we would be just as lamely living as bugs. We have such a difficulty expressing it due to the fact that, as I’ve stated its a concept. That we fear the act of “doing it wrong” or “loving too hard” and many fear tht their love may go to waste. It can be hard for preople to express their love.