1.Factions seem pretty similar to societal classes. In the same manner as factionalism, interest within social classes is rather motivated as opposed to general interest.

2.Madison views social wealth as coming from diversified faculties (skills and abilities that people possess). People who possess some skills and talents gain property and wealth, while persons who lack these faculties continue to be poor. The framers of the two institutions expected and desired this division.

3.While I partially agree with this explanation, on the one hand, skills, and hard work contribute to earning boosts, but on the other hand, factors such as education and resource allocation result in inequality of wealth distribution, so the system turns out to be unjust for many.

4.The core mission of the U.S. government as outlined in Federalist No. 10, is to protect property rights. This deviation is apparent because the writers were keen to safeguard the interests of the wealthy property-owning class. But today, people see the government’s activity in terms of equity and social justice.

5.I am not surprised that Federalist No. 10 argued for a republican form of governance against pure democracy. The framers desired the concentrated power of the wealth and property owners, which they felt threatened by direct democracy.

One thought on “Jessica Guinea Chamorro:Discussion Board 6.2

1. Hi Jessica. I just got done reading your response to the questions in Discussion Board 6.2 and I have to say that they were quite the interesting read and well done! I felt that factions were quite similar to Political Parties when I first answered, but I can now also see that it is quite similar to social classes, since people with social classes have interests that are different from those who aren’t within that social class. I also agree with your explanation of the government’s purpose, since they were meant to protect the interests of the wealthy, since the wealthy were the ones who compose the government. Not to mention that the framers were scared of pure democracy since they didn’t want anything that could potentially challenge the social order that they created and didn’t want to give the working class any chance of obtaining power. I feel that you did a great job with your answers!