Research paper #1

“Computer games are much like candy, comic books, and cartoons. All four activities provide
intense or exaggerated experiences. Whether they use sugar, exclamation points, or animated
explosions, the goal is the same: to provide extreme experiences”

I find this very meaningful because it’s what I thought how games works, they give us experiences and feelings that makes us learn new things, game often give us different experiences so I really think this means a lot to everyone who plays games.

“Interaction is important for several reasons. First, it injects a social or interpersonal element into the event.
It transforms the challenge of the game from a technical one to an interpersonal one.”

Interacting is really important nowadays because it makes the game feel alive, when I play games, I enjoy interacting a lot because I can learn much from it and feel the atmosphere.

“A game creates a subjective and deliberately simplified representation of emotional reality. A game is not
an objectively accurate representation of reality; objective accuracy is only necessary to the extent required
to support the player’s fantasy.”

I think games can also give what people desire, some people have their own fantasy or imagination, games can give them what they want and I really support this because happiness is very important.