Character Animation – Leighton Snyder

Here are the sprites for my character.

Note that many of the animations (excluding the hit and death) are armless. This is the arm in question:

It’s a separate sprite because it will rotate to aim toward the mouse. So with that in mind, here are my sprites for idle, run, jump, hit, and die:

I made two idles, one without arms for when you are standing still with a gun, and one with arms for when you’re idle and you can’t attack.

Below are the running sprites (probably could have had fewer frames…)
There’s no bobbing up and down during the run because I don’t know how that would look with the gun arm staying in place.

Here is the jump. I don’t know if we’ll learn this later, but I’d like to have the last two frames loop as you fall. Not sure if there’s a simple way to do that. Perhaps I’ll just have to make the falling animation separate in Godot?

Probably should have a seizure warning for the next two, since they are endlessly looping gifs…

This is a simple hit animation:

And this is the death animation. Given the “afterlife” setting of the game, when you die, the character’s manifestation of their body is destroyed; leaving their soul (life essence/force/flame??) behind. (This is another instance where I would want the flame to continue looping after death.)

Here’s everything together in Godot:

I also made the two extra sprites.
A quick talking one:

And a melee attack, which I hope to incorporate one day, after figuring out the gun stuff.

Anyway that’s it. Thanks for reading!