Joshua Young – Character Design

The first game character I had inspiration from was from Kid Cobra. He’s a fighting character from the game called ARMS. The parts I like about him is his purple color scheme, but also the unique design on his mask that covers his face. This will soon inspire my characters color scheme.

The second inspiration I took from was from Splatoon’s Inklings and Octolings. While thinking of a concept for my character, I thought , “Why not make them art related?”. So this inspired the bit of concept for my character, but also the customization of clothing, in this case the mask, is also utilized in my design.

Lastly, the character I took inspiration from was Nagito Komaeda from Danganronpa. No, not his personality, but the kind of coat design he has interested me the most. I also have experience drawing in the Danganronpa art style, so initially, when creating my character, I had this style in mind.

Finally, here is my character designs for my game!. This is Robin, a spray painter, he roams around the city vandalizing walls in alleyways and on abandoned buildings to express his thoughts and feelings to the public. For some variations I only changed his color scheme. From left to right, The left design was his original color scheme that is posted below, though his design was simplified more than the original design I made, the middle design is a color scheme on how I tried to use Nagito’s color palette with my own twist, and the right color scheme is a color scheme based off of my 3 favorite colors.

As a fun fact about Robin, based on his design, he’s mostly poor, having patches and stitches on his coat to show that.

Here is Robin’s Main design that I had to simplify for this project. It was premade a while back and I wanted to use it for something. (Personally, I prefer this design better, but it would be hard to make this into a pixel sprite.)